- What’s New for the 10th of January: On Hobbits in print and on film, An unusual Inn, Jabberwock puppets, Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate, Classical Music and Other Winter Comforts
- A Kinrowan Estate story: Bonfires
- What’s New for the 27th of December: Boxing Day has come and gone!
- A Story: Jennifer Stevenson’s ‘Solstice’
- What’s New for the 13th of December: An Appalachian Mystery, a Most Unusual Fox, Chicago’s Own Wizard for Hire, Iceland, a Family Christmas, Boiled in Lead, Fairport, and much, much more
- A Kinrowan Estate story: A Very Early Snow
- What’s New for the 29th of November: A Very Special Cat, a River Journey, Breakfast, Tomb Raiders, Ultimate Pogues, Indonesian Pop, Beethoven, and more. . . .
- A Kinrowan Estate story: Designing Trolls
- What’s New for the 15th of November: Alternate Histories, Arthur Redux, Seafood, Teenage Superheroes, Music — Traditional and Not, Rodents, and more. . . .
- A Kinrowan Estate story: Kedgeree
- What’s New for the 1st of November: A Space Opera That’s Not, Earthsea Illustrated, Rhubarb, A Zombie Romance, Live Tull, Live Fiddles, and more. . . .
- A Kinrowan Estate story: All Hallows’ Eve
- What’s New for the 18th of October: It’s Late October So Some Halloween Matters and Not So Halloweenish Matters as Well
- A Kinrowan Estate story: Fin Haddie
- What’s New for the 4th of October: Diverse Music including Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons, Warren Ellis Goes Graphic, Spider-Mans, Peanut Butter and Chocolate, A Cherryh’s Alliance-Union Universe novel and Other Pleasant Diversions
- A Kinrowan Estate story: Blackberry Cobbler
- What’s New for the 20th of September: Autumnal Folkmanis Puppets, Demon Detectives, British Mysteries, Soundscape Designers, and more
- A Kinrowan Estate story: Pub Ganeshas
- What’s New for the 6th of September: A Very Special Science-Fiction Story, a Fairy-Tale Opera, Dr. Who, a Rising Country Music Star, and more
- A Kinrowan Estate story: Gingerbread
- What’s New for the 23rd of August: Kage Baker on Peter Beagle, dark fantasy, Brahms-a-rama, other somewhat Autumnal matters
- What’s New for the the 14th of August: Sherlock Examined, Edward Weston, Teen Superheroes, Storytellers, Acoustic Americana, a quick Indian Dinner,and more
- A Kinrowan Estate story: Fall (A Letter to Tessa)
- What’s New for the 9th of August: two London based urban fantasies, Devolving Europe Festival, Oysterband live and other interesting things…
- A Kinrowan Estate story: The Wood Between The Worlds
- What’s New for the 26th of July: Ravens musical and otherwise, Totem Poles, some novels by Charles de Lint, new music and old music, and Other Matters
- A Kinrowan Estate story: A Green Lady
- What’s New for the 12th of July: Aaron Copland’s ‘A Fanfare for The Common Man’ as performed by the Rolling Stones, Tanya Huff’s Peacekeeper series, a Zelazny collection, UK folk trio The Young’uns and some other matters
- A Kinrowan Estate story: Midsummer
- What’s New for the 5th of July: four American baseball films, an opera by John Gay, live music from from Mavis Staples, dim sum in Hong Kong, Middle-Earth maps and much more!
Author Archives: Grey Walker
We all tell stories and Jennifer Stevenson tells a great one in ‘Solstice’ which Grey reviews for us here: ‘The reader somehow senses that everything Dawn sees, each action she takes, even her name, has a deeper significance. She’s not just playing … Continue reading